Leadership starts with you! Role-modelling is a key skill of leadership, and to be a role model you have to learn to lead yourself before you lead others.
- How well do you know you?
- How well do you know your strengths?
- Do you 'react' or 'respond' to situations?
- What gives you energy, and what drains it?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- Are you fulfilled?
- Why do you do what you do?
Engage others with your Vision; rather than 'selling and telling' it to them.
We often train people (Skillset), then give them support resources and systems (Toolset) and then wonder why they aren't doing and don't appear to care (Mindset).
My 'C12 Leadership' framework is about flipping that:
- 'Mindset': Lead Vision, Values & Behaviours
- 'Toolset': Manage Results, Performance & Alignment
- 'Skillset': Guide Trust, 1-1s & Potential